background

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Not Busy Anymore

I have no pictures today. Normally I only blog when I have a picture to attach. I have been a very bad blogger lately. I have been so busy with work, Josh's games and cheer. With cheer now over(sniff, sniff) I may get my to do list done.

I am very distraught about Jaden not cheering next year. She came home the other day and just the mention of cheer I turned into a puddle of salty water and snot! I am not the only one that is upset, numerous people in the community have said "what will we do without Jaden?". The principal has also talked to her about continuing because she is almost guaranteed a cheer scholarship. Her cheer coach had a 'vision' about starting an all-star league not affiliated with the school, this way they will be able to cheer and compete. I am determined to make that vision a reality! Do they not understand that this whole cheer thing is about me?! Really what will I do with myself it it is gone?

MY TO-DO LIST :
I am trying to get my basement finished before Jaden moves out! (cross my fingers). And when I say "I" am, that means literally I am doing it. I have gotten the walls primed, the moldings in the office cut and stained, the base for the hearth built.
What is left:
rock and granite the hearth
carpet and hardwood
build the bar
mouldings
install wall and ceiling speakers
paint
lighting fixtures
get a new pool table(since the store that was housing mine went out of business and never called)!
Now that this list is written, is seems so short! So why is it taking so long.....

1 comment:

Joni said...

I'm with you, Jaden needs to NOT be done cheering.

As for your to-do list: Quit being an over-achiever!!! Good Lord woman, none of those things on that list look easy! I have to say what a great job you have done with that house so far though, it is gorgeous!!! I'm going to add my home improvement to-do list to your to-do list so that I know everything gets done right You have plenty of time now that Jay isn't cheering right? :)