background

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A New Beginning

Jaden, Josh and I have a tradition that we always drive through the old neighborhood and see our old house. This last time my mom was with us and she demanded that we do a drive by 'shooting'. Thank goodness for my mothers picture addiction, once I got home I realized I had never taken any pictures of our house!

I have no idea how to put into words the emotions I have when I look at this house. After many years of a very turbulent marriage and divorce, this is where we came. This was not just a new start for us, but a rebirth. This was were I found my worth, my voice, my inner peace, safety and stability for my kids. I was able to buy this on my own, a feat that I never thought I would be able to do. I had an amazing job and the opportunity to provide for my kids, something I had been unable to in the past.
For some this may be a very meager existence but for me it will always be Jaden, Josh and I's first real home. This is the place that started it all, the beginning of a journey that has brought me to the place that I am now, and for that I am forever grateful.



1 comment:

Jodi Leigh Thurber said...

Wow girl, I have goose bumps!