background

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Josh gets 'BAPATIZED'

No that is not spelled incorrectly, Josh had the hardest time saying baptized and it always came out as 'bapatized'. Love that boy, he has come a long way for his 'big stick' and 'two kitty's'.

I am one of those 'bad' parents that let my children decided when they want to get baptized. I feel like when you are older it is something that you remember and when it is your own choice it means more. Josh came home about two years ago and said he wanted to be baptized and he has been doing the discussions for about a year and half. Yes, I just said a year and half, I was adamant about the fact that he would not be doing this in the 3 weeks that they like to.

Josh had one missionary that was his absolute favorite, Elder Smith. We called him Tennessee. There were days that we wondered if there was any teaching going on or if it was just wrestling, dart guns, and snowball fights. We were very sad when Tennessee was transferred and was not here for Josh's baptism.

I absolutely love the support from friends and family. We had about 60-70 people that came. So many that we had to use the chapel so everyone would fit. Jaden and Hadlee did talks, Josh's girlfriends sang, Kendal baptized Josh (had to dunk him twice) Ted confirmed him.

I am so proud of Josh, He has a heart of gold and would do anything for anyone. I love you Josh!



My Fam(missing Jaden):

The whole Fam(missing Jaden):

Oh there she is! My two fav girls:

Mom and Joni(my fav women):

My Daddy (heart him) Kent and Chaddie:
Kathleen and Piper:

Joni, Josh and Huntie:

Ted, Amber, Trent, Marcy, Callie:

Mont, Mark, Kathy:


4 comments:

~tracy~ said...

Haha, remember when Banjo ate Josh's BIG STICK??? I love that kid.

Sarah said...

Wonderful! So sad I missed it. You must feel good to know that he learned about the gospel and prepared himself.

P.S. Thanks for my blog love...never even knew you followed it!

Joni said...

My favorite has always been, "Can I have a damn cracker?" haha! It was a fun day, Love you Josh!

annilee said...

That is so cool! I love that you gave him the right to decide just exactly when it was right for me! One more reason I love yout guts!!! He is a handsome boy!!!