background

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Grace vs North Gem

Last year Grace moved to 8 man football which is a little different to get use to. The boys all did an amazing job adapting to the switch and the team went to State.  I am so excited that I get to watch Josh play and hope they can get to State again this year.  

I love watching Josh play football and the transition that he made from hiding behind the bushes so he wouldn't have to go to practice to being the first one asking his coach to go back in even though he is hurt. Maybe the bootcamp punishment I gave him helped;)
Josh is one of the smallest kids on the team. Though he is one of the smallest he is also one of the strongest and quickest. His positions are RB and LB. It is amazing to see Josh take on kids that are a foot taller then him and weigh twice as much without a single ounce of fear. For home games Josh is #2 and away games he is #12. Long story short, another player lost his home #12 jersey and we all know how boys are with THEIR numbers.  

First game of the season we played North Gem at home and won!

 I have learned this is his 3 point stance


 My boy with the ball


 The big kid trying to take down my boy...

 Nice try, Josh is still on his feet and a little shove to the face for big kid trying...


I did not take my camera to the varsity game but Josh also played in that game and did amazing.  The next Monday at work everyone was talking about how impressed they were with Josh.

No comments: